Since its launch in 2009, Ghost has become the ultimate symbol of success for leading entrepreneurs in Thailand and across the globe, and is favoured by Captains of Industry, entrepreneurs and successful businesspeople.
And today Bangkok witnessed no ordinary power with the launch of Ghost Series II, an update with a range of innovative technological, design and engineering features that position it as the choice modern super luxury car for the executive on-the-go, providing an oasis of calm in a frenetic business world.
“Thai customers will find that Ghost Series II has the same level of exclusivity, quality and perfection that is quintessentially Rolls-Royce,” explained Michael A. Schneider (above), General Manager Sales, Asia Pacific, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. “They will be delighted to know that with the introduction of new exclusive finishes, wheels and interior veneer options, there’s greater scope for bespoke personalisation to express their individuality, which they can commission at leisure at our boutique showroom at Siam Paragon Mall.”
“Ghost is the most popular Rolls-Royce for our customers in Thailand, and this update will ensure that it will continue to be for many years to come,” said Chatvithai Tantraporn, Deputy Managing Director for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Bangkok.
Since appointing Millionaire Auto Sales & Services (Thailand) Co., Ltd., under Master Group Corporation (Asia) Ltd., as the authorised dealer for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in Bangkok in 2012, Rolls-Royce has grown from strength to strength in the country. Thailand is one of the few markets in the region with two showroom facilities underscoring the growth potential of the market. Within a short span of less than three years it is one of the top three performing markets in Southeast Asia as it records increasing growth in its ultra-high net worth population.
Ghost Series II – changes at a glance
Ghost Series II presents significant recent technological updates in an exterior package that represents evolutionary changes to Ghost’s timeless aesthetic.
• A contemporary re-imagining of Ghost’s front face; re-engineered and re-designed LED headlights are framed by day-time running lights.
• Revised surface treatments including re-sculptured bumpers that present a wider, more dynamic stance.
• A new bonnet design featuring tapered ‘wake channel’ emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy that hints at Ghost Series II’s dynamism.
• The waft line leans further forwards, giving further expression to Ghost’s dynamic driving experience.
• New paint and wheel options giving customers greater scope for Bespoke personalisation.
• Re-designed front seats include electronically adjustable thigh supports (up to 60mm) and depth adjustment. Rear seats have been subtly re-angled to augment effortless communication with fellow passengers.
• The clock fascia and instrument dials are enhanced with the addition of matt chrome centres, three dimensional chrome surrounds and polished metal chaplets that evoke premium watch design.
• Full Grain Leather as standard, the same high-grade leather as used in Phantom but processed for an additional four hours to accentuate the natural grain structure of the leather
• Option of extending natural grain leather to the A and C pillars.
• The scope for Bespoke customisation is extended with the introduction of two new, exquisitely crafted crossbanded veneers: Paldao and Walnut Burr Crossband.
Technological and engineering enhancements
• Re-designed LED headlights incorporating the latest technologies. A whiter, brighter light augments driver safety whilst electronic reflectors move in the direction of travel in response to steering-wheel turns. New anti-glare technology deflects light when a car approaches in the other direction, giving Ghost Series II drivers the benefit of full-beam headlights at all times.
• In Ghost Series II, the Night Vision system has been extended to include animal as well as pedestrian recognition
• Improved voice control system that recognises full sentences rather than two word commands
• Suspension enhancements include re-engineered front and rear struts, new steering gear and adjusted dampers that increase the car’s cornering ability when the Dynamic Driving Package is specified.
• New hydraulic rear axle bearings enhance ride quality and rear stability whilst reducing vibrations and cabin intrusions, especially for cars equipped with 21” wheels, available for the first time on Ghost Series II
• All Ghost Series II motor cars feature **Satellite Aided Transmission as standard (available in some countries only) – a technology that utilizes GPS and mapping data to ensure the car is always in the correct gear when negotiating turns, motorway exists and roundabouts.
The Rolls Royce Wraith was also on display at Okura Prestige today